Summer Youth Intern Opportunity
- Assist with preparation for Day Camps and Travel Camp.
- Assist with planning activities for camps.
- Attend training of Day Camp staff.
- Assist with building and grounds
maintenance – cleaning, mowing, trimming, etc.
- Participate as staff for Day Camps and Travel Camp according
to gifts and interests – worship leading, game director,
volunteer coordinator, etc.
- Plan a weekly activity at CRC for area youth and/or children
that may include a devotional, games, recreation, singing,
- Plan one weekend camping event for area youth – bike
trip, canoeing, water skiing, campout, etc. (Adult sponsors
will assist in supervising and helping while on trip).
- Be involved in a local church - Attend Sunday worship, attend
and possibly help the leadership with VBS or youth groups,
according to gifts and interests.
- Arrive approximate May 20th. Leave between Aug. 7th and
- Hours are full time (approximately 8 hours 5 days per week),
- Days off are Saturdays and Sundays (except for Travel Camp,
worship, and if planned activities are on a weekend, then
a weekday can be taken).
- CRC will pay a $1000 stipend.
- Interns may raise additional support on their own.
- CRC will help with financial and/or prayer support letters
including stationary and stamps, if desired, but will not
be responsible for mailings. CRC will keep record of income
from collection of funds designated for Interns.
- Intern’s support may be received through CRC, thereby
allowing a tax deduction for the donors.
- CRC will find host families, unless intern would like to
find one on their own.
- CRC will gladly comply with any college requirements for
documentation, etc. to assist intern in receiving course credit.
- All details however, must be worked out by the student with
his or her institution.
- Believer and in agreement with CRC’s doctrines and
- Actively involved in a local church.
- Involved with or desires to work with youth and/or children.
- Minimum of 2 years of college completed.
- Does not use alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs.
- Some Bible teaching experience
Complementary Skills (desired
but not required):
Proficient on computer.
Worship leading skills (guitar, vocal,
- Complete and return application.
- Interview with directors.
- References checked – pastor, professor, and/or adult
from present or home church.
Selection of intern completed by April 1 to ensure
time for support raising.